10 Things Pest Control Operators Are Thankful For This Thanksgiving
1. Customers. First and foremost, pest control operators are grateful for our customers. They are the reason we get up in the morning. Whether we’ve been servicing their homes for years, or just happened to help out during a one time pest emergency, we are thankful for each and every one of our customers.
2. Hardworking Employees and Technicians. Whether our pest control company is large or small, our employees and technicians are it’s backbone. The best employees have a positive attitude, are organized, and are self motivators. They can make or break our business.
For the 10 qualities of outstanding pest control employees, click here.
3. Gas Prices Dropping. Depending on where you are operating your pest control business, gas prices have dropped significantly; as much as 50 cents a gallon since the end of summer. Gasoline is now averaging $3.41 a gallon nationwide. While filling our service trucks isn’t cheap, even small drops in gas prices are significant.
4. Pest Control Research and Investments. As pest control operators, we understand that the pests we treat on a daily basis are constantly evolving. They are becoming more and more resistant to our treatment plans and immune to our pesticides. Continued research in the field is needed so the world’s pest control operators can stay one step ahead of the pests.
PCO’s are thankful for this $1 million commitment to pest control.
5. Power Sprayers. Gone are the inefficient days (and sore arms) of using the pump can to service a property; and are we ever grateful!
For the top 5 steps to avoid sprayer hose problems, click here.
6. Break From The Long Hot Summer. The summer of 2012 brought us record heat. Not only were we out in the heat servicing properties, this long hot summer also allowed the bugs we treat to have multiple breeding styles. According to this article, these conditions hurt American farmers and have increased food prices.
7. Technology Advancements. The innovation of smartphones and other technologies is enabling pest control operators to work more efficiently; making our lives easier and helping our industry go green. Read about Bulwark’s efforts here.
8. Equipment Repair Kits. There is nothing more frustrating than being on a service call and have a piece of equipment breakdown. Equipment emergency repair kits allow us to make timely repairs while on the job, this saving our bacon!
For the top 10 pest control equipment productivity tips, click here.
9. Pest Control Software. Finding the pest control software that is right for you makes all the difference. When you find the right fit, it enables PCO’s to email customers, route, schedule, invoice, and manage accounts. What a blessing!
For tips on navigating the pest control software maze, complete with reviews, click here.
10. Customer’s Expression of Gratitude. When a customer leaves you a positive review and congratulates you on a job well done, it makes you feel good. After all, that’s why we’re in business… to serve our customers.
All of us here at Bulwark Pest Control would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving, make sure you take a moment and reflect on the many things you have been blessed with. Spend a lot of time with family and close friends, eat way too much food, and watch a lot of football.