Overhead costs in the pest control industry continue to be on the rise, and itâ€™s affecting our bottom line. The increasing prices of insecticides alone are digging into already low profit margins. Some pest control companies are looking to add-on services to help boost these margins and grow their businesses.
Here are the most common add-on services used pest control companies today:
Why Pest Control Companies Offer Add-On Services
- Services can be set up on routes
- One-stop shopping for customers
- Maximize average revenue per customer
- The pest control business model can be applied to several services
- Builds the value of a company by maximizing recurring work
- Suppliers can cross over into pest control
Challenges to Add-On Services
- New fixed costs like equipment
- Additional specialized employee training
- Additional licensing, fees, and regulations
There are many different dynamics to explore before choosing an add-on service for your pest control company. Doing so can help your pest control business grow, but itâ€™s not without its challenges. If you are a pest controlÂ operator, take a closer look at yourÂ businessÂ model and see if your business canÂ benefitÂ by offering an add-on service.
Has your pest control company had any success with ad-on services? Iâ€™d love to here from you!