Overhead costs in the pest control industry continue to be on the rise, and it’s affecting our bottom line. The increasing prices of insecticides alone are digging into already low profit margins. Some pest control companies are looking to add-on services to help boost these margins and grow their businesses.
Here are the most common add-on services used pest control companies today:
Why Pest Control Companies Offer Add-On Services
- Services can be set up on routes
- One-stop shopping for customers
- Maximize average revenue per customer
- The pest control business model can be applied to several services
- Builds the value of a company by maximizing recurring work
- Suppliers can cross over into pest control
Challenges to Add-On Services
- New fixed costs like equipment
- Additional specialized employee training
- Additional licensing, fees, and regulations
There are many different dynamics to explore before choosing an add-on service for your pest control company. Doing so can help your pest control business grow, but it’s not without its challenges. If you are a pest control operator, take a closer look at your business model and see if your business can benefit by offering an add-on service.
Has your pest control company had any success with ad-on services? I’d love to here from you!