Pest Control and Bug Exterminator Blog

Informative Interesting Perspectives about Bug Exterminators and The Pest Control Industry

Moisture = Termites

You are here: Home » Moisture = Termites

From the monsoons of Arizona to Gustav in Louisiana there is rain a pouring in the southern portion of the United States.  Subterranean termites love moisture and often times become more active because of it.  You can either perform an investigation utilizing the tips I am going to give you about identifying termite infestations or you can contact Bulwark Exterminating for a free termite inspection. (1-800-445-9313)

How to identify Termites

• A temporary swarm of winged insects in your home or from the soil around
    your home.  The opening in the mound is generally very large.  They will often times be crawling very fast along the grounds too.  The insects are preparing to mate.  Termites tend to swarm in the Spring.
  • Any cracked or bubbling paint or termite droppings.
  • Wood that sounds hollow when tapped.
  • Mud tubes on exterior walls.  These are utilized by subterranean termites to get from their underground abode to the softwood they are dining on.
  • Discarded wings from swarmers.  Look at the wings they will be identical in opposed to carpenter ants who will have different sized wings.  Termite will have four wings that are generally twice their body size.
  • Termites have straight bodies with no petiole. (waist)
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)

Tags:

About

BlogPestControl.Com Administrator

8 Responses

1. Kenneth Chadwick says

Very interesting blog indeed – thank you

2. harry says

From the monsoons of Arizona to the Gastav in Louisiana. Sometime, there is a rain a pouring in the southern portion of the united state. Termites love moisture places and termites like to live in moisture trees. And the season of monsoons, they live in the trees.

3. micke says

I am little confused about “moisture” treatment. I have no idea about moisture treatment. So I give information about moisture treatment.

4. albert matthew says

This kind of information is very helpful for a common or a simple living person. They might be helpful in reducing threat of a termite bite.

5. kennetht says

Kevin,

Formosans are subterranean termites. Formosans are more noticeable because they are able to build huge mound rock-like structures. Please just google “termite mound” for more clarification.

To clarify, I was referring to the Western subterranean termites that around the time of swarming come out of the ground through a hole that is often times confused with an ant hill.

6. Kevin Riner says

I’m from TN and I am a little confused about a termite “mound”. Are these mounds mostly found with Formosans or subterraneans? I can’t say I’ve ever seen a termite “mound”. Just the shelter tubes. I have been an exterminator for 3 yrs, so I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about.

7. Brian Goethe says

These tips are helpful for common person because common person is not aware that how quickly termites spread their young ones. Please give us more information about termites.

Outsourcing Solution in Call Center

Brian Goethe

8. Dan says

Just wanting to let readers know that there are also natural pest control alternatives. Keep up the great flow of information!